View Single Post
Old 05-26-2020, 06:24 AM   #2010
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
I liked Jake in WWE at the start when they put him with a solid manager in Dutch Mantell and had a great gimmick with him "We the people". I still think that the one angle that he did when he had an appreciation night that ended up getting wrecked was his best work.

He's frankly a guy that's not a good comedy piece. He should have been booked as an absolute Alpha Dog Killer heel on his own from the start.

Brodie Lee had the same problems in WWE once he started not giving a crap. He's just flat on the mic, and in his matches there's absolutely no desire, no energy, he's paint by numbers. The Brodie Lee on the independents and the Brodie Lee in NXT he was awesome and crazy.

The WWE curse strikes again.

I agree with the assesment that this is WCW style booking, and probably booking on the fly. It feels like they don't have a experienced guy that can step back and look at the big picture of the whole f'n show, and how things interweve and where the logic is.

Instead it feels like the booking meetings are probably "You know what would be cool" or "Man that's hilarious lets do that". Booking like that, and man I loved faction war fare, but booking on the fly or what's cool to the bookers leads to really poor booking decisions, and hot shot angles and things that don't make sense, or things that have no logic to them, and it burns out audiences.

Honestly, AEW really needs to go out and get a Heyman or a Cornette (Don't say Russo, or I'll dive through your screen and punch you in the throat). Or even a guy like Jericho with a serious filter guy to hold his reigns a bit to do it.

Actually and to be honest, Cornette would probably be the best thing in this role because he has no patience or filter when he deals with angles and writing. So they'd have a guy in the board room saying you know what would be awesome. Cornette would blow a gasket and at least ask why in the content of the whole show does this make any fracking sense.
You know who'd be a good booker for AEW? I'm trying to remember his last name, but the Vince guy who isn't McMahon. Was with WWE in the 90's, then WCW and TNA after that.... Vince... ugh... can't remember.

He was awesome, AEW needs a good Thong Panty on a Pole Match!

"Calgary Flames is the best team in all the land" - My Brainwashed Son
Maritime Q-Scout is offline   Reply With Quote