View Single Post
Old 05-22-2019, 10:05 AM   #1717
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazrim View Post
Yes, the game does in fact lead you that way. The first thing you're told to do when leaving the plateau is to head to the mountains to the East. From the stable there you're pointed towards Kakariko and learn a bunch about the current state of the world. I imagine most players run into a Zora or Sidon shortly after which starts the whole chain to get to Zora's Domain. I don't believe any other area of the game has NPCs that kinda pop out of nowhere to tell you where to go.
I guess I don't remember being prompted to head East, but I must have been nudged as you say. I do remember that first part of the game having a really neat feeling of discovery, with so much left to uncover. Meeting Prince Sidon "randomly" and uncovering the whole Zora area was fun.

I really enjoyed BOTW. My son loved watching me play (he was 5-6 during that first year it was out, but only liked watching vs. playing) and it was a really neat bonding activity, as weird as that sounds. I know that it hasn't been that long, but in a kid's life, it feels like forever ago that we finished it and I kind of miss working our way through that game together. He also has a photographic memory and an uncanny ability to remember where things were located, even if we had only encountered it once in a random spot months earlier. So he was quite helpful too.
Jimmy Stang is offline   Reply With Quote