View Single Post
Old 08-16-2009, 02:04 PM   #31
ChuckieNZ
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobbles View Post
are we really going to utilize the point or just talk about it? i will be completely honest; as someone that plays primarily D, aside from Human Torch (StMerc) most people rarely passed to the point. there would be time i wouldn't even bother to skate to the offensive zone; it was pointless. (haha nice pun!) it often felt like we would just play with 3 people in the offensive zone. i know for me it was one of the reasons i soured on the team and took my break. it made playing not very enjoyable.
Yes, but it goes both ways too. I know there were times when I was loathe to pass back to the point too, because the chances of a turnover/breakaway going the other way was too high. The best teams have arguably their best players on D for this reason. And trusting your team mates is another issue. To play a complete team game, there has to be a certain level of trust. I don't have that with some players, which probably contributes to the view that I am a selfish player.

I am interested to see how this two tier system will work, although there is a risk that nothing will change from this last year.
ChuckieNZ is offline   Reply With Quote