View Single Post
Old 02-20-2018, 01:10 AM   #29
Cuz
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by squiggs96 View Post
Meldonium, when used as a performance enhancer, is used to adjust the body's use of energy, stamina, and endurance. The athlete was trying to be able to perform at a high level for a longer period of time. Mixed doubles curling had 7 round robin games, and then 2 medal games in 6 days. That's a lot of activity to put on your body in a short amount of time. Most people use natural supplements to aid in recovery and performance, but this cheated.

If you don't think that curling is a sport, or that it doesn't tax your body, you should try it sometime. Any sport can be nonathletic at the recreational level. At the Olympic level you need to be in phenomenal shape. It was no coincidence that Lawes and Morris won, and were the most physically fit team. Brad Jacobs' team won gold 4 years after winning the Canadian Trials. They aren't the most talented team, but they are in better shape than most, and used that to their advantage.
Thanks for the info. I looked up what meldonium does and figured it was for the increased fitness that you do need for the mixed doubles.

And I curled at a high level when I was of junior age
Cuz is offline   Reply With Quote