View Single Post
Old 02-23-2016, 12:22 PM   #900
Poe969
Franchise Player

Exp:

The thing is to up grade them, you can't just do a 1 for 1 trade. You need to add something in order to upgrade them. Say the rangers said that Hayes was available or the kings said that Toffoli was available, who would you trade to get them? Stajan, England and Colborne? No, it'll take a lot more than that because the other teams won't want over priced average players. They're going to want players with value in return. If the Kings wanted Backlund and Ferland for Toffoli, do you say no because those guys are core players and bring something special?

I'm not saying we should trade Backlund for the sake of trading him. IF there is a chance to get a legitimate top 6 RW and the other team is asking for Backlund, you do the deal. If they're asking for a guy like Brodie, you don't.

Core guys are guys you won't trade unless something drastic comes along. I wouldn't trade Monahan for Toffoli because I think Monahan is more important and part of our core.

And people are talking about Backlund like he's carrying this team. Without him would we be 29th or 30th instead of 26th?