View Single Post
Old 03-31-2009, 04:47 PM   #19
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Just something for you guys to keep in mind (Mods can delete the post if this isnt allowed), keep checking kijiji, craigslist, ebay etc, as i think you guys will be surprised at the deals on Flames playoff tickets this year.

It'll be a perfect storm for cheaper tickets imo.

-Slow down of spending due to the recession, ie less buyers

-There will still be all the same people from years past that sell playoff tickets for profit.

-plus, this year you will likely see lots of season ticket holders that have lost income for weeks, months etc that never would have sold tickets in the past, that are now looking to the playoffs as a way to get some money back in their wallets

- The "Ottawa Senators syndrome". When Ottawa had great teams all those years, but kept doing nothing in the playoffs, the fans became more and more apathetic towards the first round. We're now in our 4th year since the lockout, and you can tell the vibe around the city is "get past the first round, then I'll get excited for playoffs".

...and don't get me wrong, you're still going to see highly inflated prices when you start looking, but I truley believe that won't last long as sellers quickly realize the market won't support sky high prices this year, and you will see a flooded market and in turn, cheaper prices.

I could already see it during the rgeluar season when I was looking for seats for various games, and there were so many guys just looking to get face value, if not less for great seats to see good teams on the weekends.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote