View Single Post
Old 11-26-2020, 03:48 PM   #30
pylon
NOT Chris Butler

Exp:

As a car dealer, I love 4 square, because most my main competitors insult their customers intelligence by using it, and when they get here, and we just give them the straight goods without playing a shell game, they actually trust us, and very seamlessly buy the car. The cat is so out of the bag with 4 square, it's almost funny that some dealers still think it's relevant.

I had an RV dealer try and 4 square me in the summer..... let's just say, it didn't go well for him. Quoting me jacked up rates, thinking I didn't notice the padding in the deal, and hiding insurance in the finance quote. I've never seen a guy look so deflated when I handed him my business card on the way out the door and said "Call me if you can just take my cash offer on the trailer." He immediately knew, I knew, what he was up to. What he didn't know is I had budgeted a warranty, a generator, and bunch of other extras, he just wasn't gonna make a finance reserve off me.

As a dealer, I get it, we all want our customers to finance, as we make money on it. But sometimes, a person just has the cash, and you have to try and make a little extra money by selling a few extras on merit, not trickery.

Last edited by pylon; 11-26-2020 at 03:51 PM.
pylon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pylon For This Useful Post: