View Single Post
Old 11-10-2019, 09:01 AM   #33
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
The biggest issue with throwing the ball in cold isn't the actual pass getting to the spot it needs to, but more so being able to catch it. Cold hands mean less feeling means dropped balls. Particularly for some of the guys who have never played in these kind of conditions before, and Im not sure any of the Cgy receivers have played in cold quite like they will see today.

That being said, Bo's arm is a weapon, especially if windy, that other clubs don't have and if you have guys focussed on catching balls, things could go well in the passing game.

Depending on when/if the snow stops falling, footing could be the single biggest issue today for both teams.

Don't disagree, and players make the mistake of going to the sidelines and super heating their hands to warm them up in a hurry, and then going back out onto the field.

The biggest advantage in the cold is that the offensive players know where they're going and the defensive players don't so footing becomes trecherous, and it creates more breakdowns on covering routes.

Whenever I've coached in cold weather games or snowy games, in my first serious I'm taking at least one serious shot downfield.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote