View Single Post
Old 08-24-2019, 12:15 PM   #75
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeluxeMoustache View Post
Jimmy Stang, just curious - how did you go about requesting disclosure?
I got in touch with the Crown Prosecutor's office (I think I called first to ask questions, and then they provided me with an email address). Then I sent them an email with my violation number, full name, date of birth, phone number, and email address.

A couple of weeks later I hadn't heard anything, so I sent an email to follow-up (this included Christmas, so that probably contributed to the delay), to which they replied promptly that they were still waiting for the officer to submit the ticket info.

I believe that it was only a few days after that I received a phone call to go in and pick up my disclosure package that had a few items in it, including a more in-depth report by the officer, and of course, my disc with the dashcam video.

They may have since moved to electronic disclosure, so the step of actually picking up a physical package may not be necessary anymore, but the Crown Prosecutors office will obviously clarify that. This was in December 2017 and January 2018, so things may have changed.

Here's the contact details for that office:

Alberta Justice - Crown Prosecutor's Office
Traffic - Disclosures
6th Floor, 332 - 6 Avenue SW Calgary, Alberta T2P 0B2
Main Line Phone: (403) 297-8444
Email: JSG-ACPS.Calg-traffic@gov.ab.ca

Like I said above, the evidence didn't exonerate me like I had hoped, but it did give me the information needed to make an informed decision.

Edit: And I think that it was actually the police officer who originally told me to contact the Crown Prosecutor's office. I had asked if I could view the video, and I'm pretty sure he said to call them if that's what I wanted to do. He did also tell me that he reviewed it before issuing the ticket, but I really had to see it with my own eyes!

Last edited by Jimmy Stang; 08-24-2019 at 12:17 PM.
Jimmy Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jimmy Stang For This Useful Post: