View Single Post
Old 05-07-2021, 10:16 AM   #6076
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Its just insane how silly Canada is and short sighted.

I mean sure we can ship to rail, but to replace what those two provinces need, we'd pretty much have to forget about shipping other products by rail. Plus train transport is extremely carbon intensive. We could ship it by truck, but capacity and carbon emissions.

The Libs were bragging about a tanker going from Vancouver to the St Louis all the way basically around North America, imagine the up tick in tanker traffic, and freighters are bad environmantally as well, and the BC hippy crowd would protest the crap out of it. Bad optics man bad optics.

If this pipeline gets shut down, Alberta gets extremely screwed, I was reading about 544,000 barrels a day vaporizes. Nobody is talking about that much when it comes to the costs of this idiotic governor. Ontario and Quebec would demand a massive ramp up in foreign oil from SA and other countries with worse environmental standards and much worse regimes running them.

Who knows if this is going to be saved in courts, you can't count on a judge to rule in favor of economics anymore, or treaties anymore which is what Enbridge is hanging their hat on.

It'll be interesting if the governor sends in the national guard to shut this thing down if Engridge refuses to shut the pipeline down. But if it does get tied up in court for example with the oil pumping the Liberals should be doing a crash build of Energy East period. If anything is in the national interest, this is.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote