View Single Post
Old 07-14-2011, 10:17 AM   #44
OilKiller
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

We just got it installed on Saturday. Haven't used it too much yet, but I do like it. The interface takes some getting used to and there are some quirks I think they could do better with, but overall, my experience has been pretty decent. They have bugs to work out for sure, but Shaw says that they are in constant contact with the firmware programmers and changes will happen quickly, as required.

I really don't think I could go back now to the basic PVR model. This will be fantastic once they get the bugs worked out and make things flow a little better. Not to mention the coming interface with your network and the ability (as they have stated, but not defined yet) to play back media from your computer.

My wife loves the ability as well to be able to watch a show from the bedroom that she has recorded, while I can watch something else in the living room, either recorded or live. Plus the 6 tuners rocks! We can record 5 things at the same time and watch something else live if we want. Try doing that with Optik.
OilKiller is offline   Reply With Quote