View Single Post
Old 07-28-2009, 11:40 PM   #51
CSharp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just like to say that this is an awesome thread. It's good to see that the Flames made some huge deals to get them the first cup. Most of the deals leading up to the 89 cup run were phenominal while I was sad that some players were trade for almost nothing in return. Then after the cup, the dark years came. As good as Fletcher was as a GM, he certainly could've killed the Flames at times and he killed the Flames after he left. Through the years with other GM's in effect, you can also see some huge deals to get Iggy, Regher, and Kippr. But I still can't believe we lost so many good players as well. I didn't even know Joey Mullen was traded until I heard his name in Pittsburg. At first I thought it was his brother. Then, I had to deal with the sad fact that he was no longer a Flames. So, basically, the Flames got nothing in return.

Even as good as Sutter is this year, he's also made some really good trades and some really bad decisions as well in which we basically got nothing back from some of the transactions. Guess you win some and you lose some. I just hope everything works out this year so that we all can enjoy another deep run in the playoffs.
CSharp is offline   Reply With Quote