View Single Post
Old 03-06-2024, 11:17 AM   #27
PaperBagger'14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by you&me View Post
Came to say this as well.

Food compatibility may not be a serious factor in a relationship, but - in my experience - would be a major factor in establishing a relationship in the first place. Like, what do you do when you first meet and start dating someone? Go for drinks and go for dinner... The mutual and compatible enjoyment of similar things at that stage seems like a pretty good proxy for how the rest of the relationship will develop (or not).

Personally, food incompatibility was a factor (among others) in the last long term relationship I was in before I met my wife, so I definitely think it's a 'thing'...
Incompatibility would absolutely be a significant factor for me. I’m imagining if my wife was a really picky eater how much it would bother me. Wanna go out for a date night? They better have chicken fingers on the menu at the steakhouse. Have a hankering for some sushi? Cross your fingers there’s Mac and cheese at the restaurant.

This would severely limit food options to cook at home as well. Someone can be a picky eater and that’s fine but constantly catering to a very narrow scope of food (or cooking 2 separate meals) would be a drag.
PaperBagger'14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PaperBagger'14 For This Useful Post: