Thread: [CP Story] Stat Hack: James Neal
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2019, 08:47 AM   #40
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic_Sniper View Post
I think specifically, Neal can’t play the give and go style the top line plays. When Lindholm plays on the top line, together they just have the collective hockey iq and ability to play a successful give and go style whereas with Neal, I’m not sure we’ve even seen a successful chance on the rush with him on the top line.

I don’t think that means Neal can’t succeed on a fast team. If anything, he might actually need that because, like Treliving has said in the past, Neal plays well when his linemates play with pace.

But to me it’s not just about playing with pace, it’s more so, can his linemates break down the defense and find an open James Neal who comes in late as the trailer or find him when he gets lost in coverage?

To me, that’s where the disconnect is. Does this team have the right kind of playmakers to make Neal successful? I’m not sure we do.
I agree with that. I'm sure when he was signed there was thought he'd play with Johnny and that probably would work. But there's no way that's happening any more.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote