View Single Post
Old 07-03-2019, 03:27 PM   #1470
mrkajz44
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oling_Roachinen View Post
A lot of people don't feel a high the first couple times they try it. It's something researchers have looked into and likely due to cannabinoid receptors altering the first time you interact with THC. Especially given the lower dose, this might just be the reason for you not to feel 'high' after your second time.

And I say this to warn you so you don't all of a sudden decide to try six because two did nothing for you.

However, that doesn't quite explain why you would be feeling bad the next morning for a significant time when you had a low dose. Although edibles can take several hours to peak, I don't think there's a reason it should be lasting 12 hours+ (assuming you had it before midnight).

But cannabis does effect you based on a bunch of factors. Not just combining it with alcohol, but caffeine, bad moods, bad sleeps, all of these could change the type of high you experience. So being woken up by a baby in the middle of the night, ruining your sleep, isn't going to all of a sudden feel good because you had some weed.

My suggestion, dependent on when you took it last time, is to give yourself some time to let it effect you. It might not kick in for an hour and might not peak for four hours. Based on you not feeling much when you were watching TV but dazed when you woke up (presumably) awhile later, you may had just not had time for it to kick in. If you took some at 9, tried to read your book at 10, woke up 12 during the peak, that could explain it. Instead take it at 7, you might start feeling something at 8, kicking in good around 9 when you aren't tired (and therefore more of a happy high you're looking for) and then by the time you're getting to sleep you should have already peaked and are on the downswing.
Thanks for the advice. I'm guessing it was probably mostly timing then (and maybe a bit that it's my first real usages). My timeline was something along the line of: Take pills around 9:00, TV/movie until 11:30, read until bed at midnight, wake-up for baby at 2:00, wake-up in morning around 7:00. I thought that would be enough lead time with the pills at 9:00, but maybe not. I'll keep the dosage low and experiment with some different timing.