View Single Post
Old 04-18-2017, 12:31 AM   #575
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just want to remind everyone that the elite powerhouse Cup favorite Chicago is also down 3-0 in their series. The playoffs are weird sometimes, and bad things happen to good teams.

Yes, this has been an absolute horror show of a series for a variety of reasons (terrible luck, undisciplined play, getting jobbed by the officials on 2 huge calls, shoddy goaltending in tonight's game), But in terms of overall play, the Flames have hung in there with Anahiem and have looked downright dominant at times over the course of these three games. The difference is the Ducks are a veteran team with loads of experience, and they know exactly how to seize an opportunity when a crack in their opposition's armor starts to show. Flames on the other hand are still a young group, and they're learning some very hard lessons right now about the importance of maintaining composure and not getting rattled when things don't go your way. It sucks to lose when you're playing so well, but these things happen with young teams.

I still have faith that these guys can get over that hurdle sooner than later, hopefully starting right off the bat next season. We've got a pretty damn good playoff-caliber team here, and I honestly think we're only a couple pieces away from being an actual contender (some consistent goaltending would help as well). Anyway, I'm probably rambling a bit now, but I've had a few beers and I just felt like posting something positive.

See y'all for game 4.
direwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to direwolf For This Useful Post: