View Single Post
Old 10-23-2020, 04:35 PM   #3817
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blender View Post
Dude, you are a good poster here and obviously a smart guy, but you are not acknowledging my point.

I disagree that Monahan and Backlund can be replaced with players on our roster. You are stating it as a fact. Its fine that you believe that, but I believe you are wrong.
Where do Monahan's goals come from?
Who takes Backlund's match-ups?

Please don't say Bennet or Dube or Ryan or Lindholm or (snicker) Zary.

Yes, trading either of those players will involve a return, but will it be an upgrade? I just don't see how.

Of all the discussion points that can be had, this one seems almost moot as good NHL centers (Monahan and Backlund are) are rare. The Flames need more of them not less.

Sorry, I just don't get it.
No, I get what you're saying. I do believe Lindholm could probably replace either one, but could definitely replace Backlund. Lindholm is good in the circle, is the #1 option on the PK (which to me says he's capable of taking hard matchups at center 5v5), and we've seen what he can do offensively. He's no slouch.

I don't mean to state it as a fact, it's just my opinion. I totally respect if you disagree.

Bennett/Dube to me are guys you hope step into the 3C role, and push Ryan down and eventually out (only because of salary). I'm not pencilling a guy like Zary into the top 9 soon.
The Following User Says Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post: