View Single Post
Old 10-23-2020, 01:11 PM   #3811
JTech780
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Lindholm has looked pretty average when played at center. Lindholm is far better on the wing than he is at center.

I do think that Gaudreau and Monahan need to be split up next season. Their games have become to reliant on each other and it's making them predictable.

IMO the best center for Gaudreau in terms of play style is Playoff Sam Bennett. Part of the problem with the 1st line currently is that their isn't anyone on that line that can push the defense back with speed or retrieve dump ins. Sam Bennett can do both. If he just keeps his game simple and doesn't try to be a finesse player, he can create room for Gaudreau. If he uses his speed and drives the center lane and goes hard to the net he will push the defense back giving more room for Gaudreau.

Now I fully acknowledge that, there is a good possibility that it doesn't work, but I think there is a chance that it brings out the best in both players. It's more about matching play styles. It does hinge on Bennett not altering his game, and not trying to play a finesse skill game, no more toe drags at the blueline.

Gaudreau-Bennett-Tkachuk
Mangiapane-Monahan-Lindholm
Lucic-Backlund-Dube
Nordstrom-Ryan-Simon
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JTech780 For This Useful Post: