View Single Post
Old 05-30-2022, 07:36 PM   #2460
Classic_Sniper
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
The Lucic one anyway would be because he’s a good guy (he already waived once), it’s only one season and because he could more easily be straight on bought out now. Plus this year he has a bigger list (10 teams I think).
That would be an extraordinarily selfless and honorable decision a player in the cap era could do for his team. But I don’t see it happening. The guy is a dad, his kids are old enough to have made close friends at this point, he likes the team and situation.

It would be the best way to remove a huge cap burden, but doesn’t seem realistic to me at this point. Has there been any talk about it? You’d think he’d want to ask for a list pretty soon to give Lucic ample time to make a decision.

I’m not even sure how the cap works when the signing bonus is paid out, I assume that it stays on the team that paid it out. So if that’s the case, Treliving would have even less time because that bonus is paid out in July.

Will cap floor teams even know whether or not they want a Lucic or will they want a different bad contract. Do the Flames have the requisite assets to be able to outcompete other team’s bids for their cap dumps?

There’s just so many moving parts that leads me to believe it won’t happen.
Classic_Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote