View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 12:37 PM   #10
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post
Of course you want to see those areas, but you can find some great finds outside of these areas too. Remember, Tokyo isn't defined by the tourist / Gaijin hangouts that Trip Advisor, Lonely Planet and the Rough Guide recommend.

First time I went, it was about 100 yen to $1 Canadian in 2007. Two years later I went back and it was 75 yen. Last year it was about 82. I would recommend to the OP to monitor the exchange rate at the most general levels of prudence.

I do agree about the pride thing. You'll never see a happier group of McDonald's employees when you order. All smiles and sincere politeness in every they do. A simple microcosm of the larger Japanese population really.
Never once got that touristy feel in Japan. It was actually pretty weird being in a country where I was constantly surrounded only by Japanese people. I was there aobut 2 weeks and saw hardly any non-Japanese people the entire time. The only area where there was anything close to a crowd of tourists was the art museum.
blankall is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to blankall For This Useful Post: