View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 12:40 PM   #12
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

From Calgary there almost is no good half way on that trip, Salmon Arm is proably the closest thing. I'd avoid Revelstoke myself...hate that place, it's like it's only purpose is to rip off tired folks travelling thru knowing they have no other choice.

Really depends on when you are going too, as the Rogers Pass is highly unpredictable in winter, and frankly it's an absolute embarassment that we consider that an acceptable main transportation route in what we think is a first world country. Once you get past that...you have to deal with the Coquihalla, which also can be unpredictable at this time of year. I would personally reccomend driving thru Kamloops rather than the Okanagan detour. If you take the connector, you are looking a a long two and a half hour drive over two mountain passes with nothing between West Kelowna, and Hope. Not to mention it can take an hour to get from Winfield to the Connector. Whereas from Kamloops, Merit is right off the hiway, than you're another 100km after that to hope. So if you need to stop more often, you don't have that long stretch of nothing, plus if there is a closure, the back track to civilization isn't as far.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sylvanfan For This Useful Post: