View Single Post
Old 12-05-2018, 01:06 PM   #7
Split98
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm really happy with Gio, and hope that he's a part of the Norris conversation.

But I hope that we can refrain from lobbing such huge praises on this team so early in December. We're talking about contending for the cup, the Norris and running away with the division.

I'm very happy with how well things are going, but these comments are going to seem really silly if this team sees a setback. This is exactly the kind of stuff we quote Oilers fans for writing.

As for the OP question, I think this could be the year people finally start talking about him.

We heard some buzz of TJ+Gio being Olympic considerations, but unfortunately their momentum stammered and they fell out of the limelight. If he can continue to lead this team through tough stretches and put points on the board at anywhere near the pace he is RN I could see him sitting around top-10 for defenseman points and right in the thick of it. He's shown consistency in the past, and now his team is clicking. This could be the year that he gets a serious look, and over the next 2/3 of the season I'll bet his leadership is also put to the test.

That isn't likely something Reilly or Chabot are going to have in their cap.

Last edited by Split98; 12-05-2018 at 01:13 PM.
Split98 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Split98 For This Useful Post: