View Single Post
Old 08-18-2020, 08:08 PM   #176
AT77
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AT77 View Post
Lol, this thread, as ridiculous as it sounds, does have some merit to it. I honestly do believe Gaudreau could be the best player in the world if he was to work to put on some size and strength. This would benefit him immensely considering his lack of height.

A player that comes to mind is Martin St. Louis. Just google image search "Martin St. Louis legs" and look at the size of those tree trunk legs. That's what made him such a beast for a shorter player. He was so strong on the puck and it was hard to knock him off of the puck due to his immense leg strength. This strength didn't seem slow down his speed either, it seemed like the more leg strength he had, the faster he was. He clearly worked year round in the gym, particularly in the off season, gaining size and strength. This can only be done if he focused on his diet as well, which he clearly did. Size and strength is not just about working out, it's also about your diet and the macro-nutrients as well as micro-nutrients you're getting.

Gaudreau on the other hand seems to be the exact same size as he was during his rookie year. He clearly doesn't train to put on size and strength, nor does he focus on diet. Just imagine if he was 15-20 lbs heavier and had Marty St. Louis like leg strength, he would be a #####ing animal out there and most likely the best player in the world, considering as good as he is right now.

St. Louis was listed as 5'8" 175-180lbs, Gaudreau is listed at 5'9" 157lbs.

There answer is right there in the numbers lol, numbers don't lie. I'm not bashing Gaudreau, he's a tremendous player, but I really do believe if he had the motivation to work his a** off to be the best, work during the off-seasons, put on some size and strength, and focus on his diet, he could very well be the best player in the world right now. But clearly, he lacks that focus.

Bump, because this is still true today.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AT77 For This Useful Post: