View Single Post
Old 01-29-2015, 07:34 PM   #242
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyC View Post
We did (it was last season). It became he said/she said and because no one could prove what he said (he actually said it to 3 separate players on our squad, according to them), nothing ever happened.

Why would we complain about it and go through the long process if it didn't happen? Why would 3 separate teenagers lie about and be visibly upset about this?

We did however, see an uptick in monitoring of games and one ref, who was consistently terrible for both sides and never felt the need to explain anything to either coach, became noticeably absent from our games.

I've coached a few different levels of Bantam (and obviously played all the way through minor hockey, all at relatively high levels). I have never seen reffing as poor as it is at Bantam AA. Not just missed/blown call wise, but pure d-baggery from the refs. And these guys aren't kids. They are mostly in their mid-twenties-30s and should know better. Both sets of coaches would leave games shaking their heads about officiating I would say 7/10 games, and it would be openly discussed between the opposing sides, no matter who won it was agreed. I don't know what they need to do, but the people they have doing it now are just awful. I could deal with missed calls, of course it understandable they happen. It's the personalities that are doing it that really do cause issues.

Not saying some coaches don't cause issues as well, but in that league inparticular, the reffing was unbearable.
Also for this reason it is, or should be recommended that refs to not talk to players without another official present, and coaches do not talk to refs without one of their co-coaches present. Its basically a witness policy.
#-3 is offline   Reply With Quote