View Single Post
Old 11-03-2010, 02:00 PM   #11
Travis Munroe
RealtorŪ

Exp:

This is somewhat a biased opinion as you are selling something similar to this lol.
Regardless, 1+1 will always = 2 and buying something before it exists will always be a larger risk than purchasing something thats proven itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winsor_Pilates View Post
Their personal wealth has nothing to do with it unless they are self-financing it. Even if they are, would they eat the cost if they're priced too low and have underestimated their budget? Or would they pass that cost back to buyers?

Buyers should be asking about the developer's financing requirements for construction.
Are they using lenders?
How many sales are required by the lenders before construction starts?
What down payment do their lenders need to see in contracts to finance the development?
How are they financing with such small deposits?

Unfortunately, people don't ask enough of the right questions or use a qualified Realtor who is experienced with pre-construction. They just see a big line, and small down-payment and jump in.

I almost only purchase pre-construction. There is risk, but also reward. And most of the risk is due to a lack of experience, education and research about the process.
I have no problem recommending pre-sales to my clients, but I've sold enough of them to know all of the good and bad of it.

OFFICIAL CP REALTOR & PROPERTY MANAGER
Travis Munroe | Century 21 Elevate | 403.971.4300

Residential Buying & Selling
info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com