View Single Post
Old 05-23-2021, 07:52 PM   #53
TheSquatch
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SebC View Post
This is really disingenuous.

Puck is gone? Yeah, but it's bang-bang by NHL standards and not a late hit. Puck was there a moment before the hit.

Blind side? He's coming from ~45 degrees from the direction the player is going. If he's looking at the net he sees Kadri coming. This isn't hitting from behind.

Ascending? Yeah, and one foot's off the ice, but it's not a jump. He did unlock his leading knee, which seems like a good thing to do for both players to reduce the risk of a leg injury.

Which leaves you with clipping the chin, which is really the only thing he did wrong.
I didn't say it was hitting from behind. It's a check to the head, from the blind side. Different rule altogether.

It's a predatory hit, suspendable, suspended, and again... intent has nothing to do with it. The NHL clearly agrees with my take, so cleverly outting me as some kind of Kadri hater is your vector?

You're right on one thing: he had the puck, I was wrong in typing that. But he had it for a 1/2 second in a super vulnerable position, and Kadri absolutely blasted him. Exactly the type of hit the NHL is trying to get rid of.

Last edited by TheSquatch; 05-23-2021 at 07:54 PM.
TheSquatch is offline   Reply With Quote