View Single Post
Old 06-13-2018, 04:49 PM   #3
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by delayedreflex View Post
https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en...ythings-not-ok

This one's a tough read... with more media awareness on mental health issues, concussions, and substance abuse, I think the timing is right for a piece like this. As fun at as it is to watch the physical aspects of hockey, fights, etc. - reading this makes me question whether it is worth it. In the article, Boynton says he would easily trade the Stanley Cup that he won for not having to go through the pain and suffering that he has faced. The league, the teams, and even the fans need to take a long hard look at these issues and whether they are OK with taking the steps necessary to manage head injuries and support players with mental health issues.
For what it's worth, Boynton was one of the players that Daniel Carcillo mentioned by name that he's currently trying to help recover from his concussions at the Carrick institute. Hopefully he can get better soon following the same treatment that Carcillo did.

This issue is going to build to a swell in the next couple of years. The way the game is played will probably change forever, but it's for the best. I hope people become educated on this ASAP so that they can accept the changes that are inevitably coming.
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cali Panthers Fan For This Useful Post: