View Single Post
Old 04-29-2017, 01:37 PM   #348
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by codynw View Post
So I think I'm ready to build myself my first gaming PC. Anyone have any advice? I know literally nothing about this, but I was thinking of spending ~$1000, ideally not much more. I'll need everything but a monitor, since I've got a decent one already that I'm not using for anything.
I built a mid-to-high range gaming computer recently that I'd like to keep for a long time and can share my parts as a example for you. These are current prices on Memory Express' website.

Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Mid Tower - $160
Motherboard: ASUS Z170-P - $130
CPU: Core i5-6600K - $340
CPU Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO CPU Cooler - $35
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 2400 MHz - $170
Video Card: MSI GTX1060 Gaming X 6GB - $400
Power Supply: Thermaltake Gold 650 W Modular Power Supply $120
Hard Drive: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB - $120
Assembly: $75

Total: $1690 plus tax

You could probably save about $500 on my build by choosing some lower end parts, especially in the CPU and video card department. Depending on what games you want to play and how smooth you want them to play, you might be limited in your options.

I built my computer with an emphasis on noise and the case, cooler and video card were all noted for their low noise emissions. I can have it on in my living room and you can't hear the thing running, and the case is so adaptable that I could open a bunch of spots on it to get more airflow if I ever need it. I haven't needed to for any games yet though.
Mazrim is online now   Reply With Quote