View Single Post
Old 04-18-2017, 12:32 PM   #1
4X4
One of the Nine

Exp:
Default Tell me about Xplornet and also Cell Phone Boosters

I have to get internet at a place by Delacour AB, and it looks like the only provider I can get is Xplornet. I'm a bit wary though, because the internet is riddled with complaints and horror stories about them. I guess they really throttle the bandwidth during high usage times. Anyone have a solution to this throttling issue? Or, any other providers that I haven't heard about? CCI can't do it, ABnet can't. Telus has a 250gb wireless offer, but I'm too close to the city to qualify, so they want to charge $80 for 6gb. Rogers can't. Personal vendetta against Bell for life, so I don't know or care if they can... But I need decent internet, so I have to figure this out fast. Any input is appreciated.

Also, inside the house, my Telus cell phone is kind of patchy. Telus told me to go buy a cell booster, but they range in price from $100-$1000. I have no idea what to buy, just for myself, but to add a layer of WTF, my tenant is on Freedom (I know, it's an urban provider), so his phone goes from perfectly fine, to roaming to emergency calling, all while sitting in the same place. Perhaps there's a cell booster that handles both frequencies, but if not, he can switch to Telus. I'd love to hear any info you have on these topics..

TIA
4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote