View Single Post
Old 03-28-2017, 10:11 AM   #43
Bill Bumface
My face is a bum!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BsFaninCGY View Post
Just wanted to bump this thread and see if there have been any updates worth mentioning? I received a photo radar ticket this week and while I am usually a very cautious and law abiding driver, I admit there are times where my speed creeps up in relation to the music I'm listening to.

I noticed a vehicle on the road the other day with a clear cover over the plate. I was directly behind them and had trouble clearly reading the license - this is probably illegal, no? It would be nice to have something to detect highway patrol and also when they're parked almost hidden in residential areas - like near CBC on Memorial.
The plate covers are illegal.

The new photo radar causes big problems for detection. It's low power K band I believe.

K band is used tons by cars with adaptive cruise control and collision avoidance systems, so you will get false alerts constantly if you have K on.

I did a test driving past a new photo radar vehicle with K band on, and even then I was basically adjacent before the detector picked it up, and the signal was pretty weak.

Unfortunately, the most effective way to avoid them is to stare at parked cars looking for little black boxes on the roof.

Which demonstrates how photo radar is fulfilling its mandate of safer streets. We have speeding vehicles operated by people staring at parked cars
Bill Bumface is offline   Reply With Quote