View Single Post
Old 01-10-2017, 11:43 AM   #82
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Stang View Post
For anyone wanting to watch Prime Video on your PS3, I discovered that it is possible, even though there isn't an app for Canada.

I have a second Playstation Network account that I created a while back to watch UK television. To actually watch shows on most of the apps (BBC, for example), you will need some DNS or VPN trickery that shan't be discussed here. But to set up a UK PSN account and download the Amazon app, you don't need any of that. Just set up a second profile on your PS3, create a new PSN account, find yourself a random UK business address on Google Maps, and you'll see some different options under "video services". BBC and others, obviously, you won't be able to use. But Amazon can be downloaded and used with your Canadian Amazon account details.

The best part is, once you've downloaded and installed the Amazon app on your new UK profile, it will persist when you switch back to your primary PS3 profile. It will be permanently listed under "video" on your PS3, just like Netflix.

The video quality was quite good in HD, although I did find that it was slower to reach full quality than Netflix. Otherwise, it is a decent enough addition to the PS3. I'm not sure when/if it will be officially released on the PS3 in Canada, or if it ever will be, as the PS3 is probably not on Sony's radar anymore.
Well its not on PS4's app store either. I might have to test this workaround.
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote