View Single Post
Old 06-01-2016, 06:51 PM   #55
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor View Post
How is the learning curve for this game, really tempted to pick it up but fast paced jumping games like how all the online COD etc became are not my strong suit.
I have tried various FPS shooter style games over the years, and not really liked any of them.

I came into Overwatch with pretty much no experience, and a friend telling me to "just give it a try."

I have, and I really like it. I still find that it can be difficult for me to aim. I find it frustrating when I unload an entire clip into someone, and then they turn around and 1 shot me. So there will be frustrations as you get the hang of it.

I've also started playing toons that play to my strengths. I really like Reinhardt...but almost no aiming is required of him. He's a melee toon with a cleave. I like Mercy. Lock on and heal away. Winston's Tesla cannon requires no aiming. Symmetra's cannon can lock onto people. Zarya has a nice long beam that helps one aim.

I am also finding as I play those toons, my aim is improving, so I've been branching out a bit slowly, going with Soldier 76 and Mcree and Pharah.

If you are finding that you don't seem to be killing (or even hitting) anything, try starting with toons that don't require as much or as finicky aim. Then as you get a better feel for it, your options open up.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote