View Single Post
Old 01-21-2018, 01:55 PM   #53
Magnum PEI
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Era View Post
I don't know what to think of the whole bigfoot thing. New species are being discovered every year. 2017 saw three new species of primates discovered, including a great ape! The Tapanuli orangutan is a relative of the Sumatran, but it still existed undiscovered in a remote part of Borneo. Surprising that no one ever found a body up until this year? Not really. Anyone who hunts will tell you that coming across a carcass is a rare thing as nature consumes the dead and scatters the remains very quickly. Nocturnal animals are also very elusive because we just aren't around when they are. Much of the "high quality" technology we carry around is also useless in the dark, at great distances, or when something is in field of view where autofocus doesn't work.

I agree, if a bigfoot or sasquatch or any other unknown creature were walking down Stephen Avenue, it would be pretty quickly discovered and clear evidence emerge. But just poking around youtube trying to see what was out there has produced some interesting results.

Interesting part at 1:35.

I don't know what to think of this stuff, but I am not going to completely dismiss the possibility of us not having discovered all species in our environment. Heck, even in Calgary's own backyard.

Just a couple more than I found intriguing.

I'm hesitant to dismiss something when there is evidence to suggest the existence of an animal. We have unidentified hair and DNA, we have scat, we have tracks and we have finger prints. In a court of law that evidence is enough to establish the existence of someone in a location and convict them of a crime. But I get it, without a body it is hard to firmly establish the existence of something. I guess we'll just have to wait for the elusive body.
kind of misleading, they were discovered in the 1930s and reclassified as a separate species in 2017.
I think there's been so much logging that there's hardly an untouched forest left in North America. A satellite image of BC looks like a quilt pattern of clear cut patches, even up north. A large percentage of the Alexander Archipelago in Alaska has even been logged. Surely some hard evidence would have popped up by now. Theres no fossil evidence either.
Magnum PEI is offline   Reply With Quote