View Single Post
Old 05-04-2019, 09:43 AM   #2192
FurnaceFace
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dentoman View Post
Travelling to Singapore through San Francisco. I've never transited through the US before. Do I still need to clear customs here in Calgary (I assume I do)? Will my bags be checked through or do I have to pick them up in SFO and check them again?
Thanks
First, enjoy the trip and the Singapore heat. If you are on Singapore Airlines (SA) the experience is really good. It was worth it to book the exit row seat (row 47 if memory serves) for the long flight. The flight crews both ways were excellent.

To your baggage question, assuming you are booked under a single ticket or single carrier group your bags will go through to Singapore. For example if you are flying Air Canada/United (AC/UA) to SFO then the SA/UA flight they will go through. If you booked a WestJet flight to SFO and then the SA/UA flight you’ll need to pick them up. The gate agent here will tell you.

On your way back through SFO you will need to collect your bags and then once you are through Agriculture control there is a connecting baggage belt. There is an agent at the belt who will tell you if you are good to drop your bag there or if you need to recheck. We’ve been through twice since December, both times on AC flights and the first time he had us go and recheck at the AC desk and the second time we just dropped our bags at the belt and went on. For the most part it is all really well sign posted and organized just follow the connecting passengers signs. If all else fails anyone working there will know what to do and where you should go.

Edit: International arrival info/procedure for SFO https://www.flysfo.com/flight-info/international

Hockey is just a game the way ice cream is just glucose, love is just
a feeling, and sex is just repetitive motion.

___________________________________- A Theory of Ice

Last edited by FurnaceFace; 05-04-2019 at 09:49 AM.
FurnaceFace is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FurnaceFace For This Useful Post: