View Single Post
Old 06-27-2019, 10:51 AM   #979
fleuryisgod
Scoring Winger

Exp:

How has this setup worked for you? I've been debating getting a plex pass, I already use this a ton for movies so I'm familiar with and like the program, and then using a similar setup to what you just described. I'm in the same boat that the wife has to be able to use this with ease and not too much trouble shooting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Hate-Hulse View Post
My Shaw 2 yr 150 deal is up next month and I realized it's crept up to $134 a month for a whole bunch of channels I don't watch. I also realized most of the dwindling number of shows my wife and I do watch are available on the Big 3 Canadian networks.

So with that I'm going to try and cut the cord seeing as how I have the most expensive parts of it all already (a NAS running Plex, a PlexPass, and an unused Amazon Fire TV unit). Wife acceptance factor has to be high on this so I'm counting on Plex to be easy to use...

Ordered today:

- HD Homerun Extend (thought I'd go big right from the start on this vs having to upgrade if I watch more LiveTV than expected)

- Mohu 30 Antenna

According to TVfool I'm 7 miles away so hopefully the antenna will work. I'll put the antenna in a 2nd floor west facing window leading to the HDHomerun and will plug in to the household ethernet network from that room. Plex should act as a PVR and I upgunned the HDHomerun to hopefully have enough juice for LiveTV transcoding.

Will report back how this works. Fingers crossed - would love to ditch the $50/month fee for "TV". Hopeing to get the bill down to $90 a month for 150 speeds.
fleuryisgod is offline   Reply With Quote