View Single Post
Old 03-22-2015, 10:40 AM   #36
Itse
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've played this for a couple of days now, so time for some comments:

- Just a pleasure to play. It's very easy to just take your own pace and go the way you want to go. I get why some might feel the game is "too easy", but for me it's important that I don't have to try and optimize every little thing. This gives me a lot of freedom to make the city the way I want it, as long I stick within some rational limits. The money flow feels very good for me, I can't just do what ever the heck I want, but when I really need or want something I can always find a way to make it happen.

- I hope they improve the tools to edit public transit lines, as they feel quite clunky to me. (This was a bit of a surprise given the teams previous games were traffic simulators.)

- The graphics are good enough, but it's easy to see that the dev team isn't that big from the lack variety. Not that I'm complaining really, I'm sure modders will fix this pretty soon. (I already subscribed to a whole bunch of new buildings on Steam Workshop.)

- I realized rather quickly that it's not worth it to worry over every complaint. A city is never going to be perfect, there's always going to be crime somewhere and a burned house somewhere, supply and demand of workers and jobs is rarely going to be perfect etc. It just makes the city feel real and alive. In fact one of my favourite things in the city is my beachside "slum", where people keep getting sick due to water pollution since I used to dump sewage close by.
Itse is offline   Reply With Quote