View Single Post
Old 04-13-2024, 06:15 AM   #5343
Whynotnow
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgin View Post
In case anyone stumbles across this:

1) Our flight in from Calgary was late, per usual, so we didn’t deplane until 9:35. Not ideal. I asked if they ever do the “people with connections can get off first” and the flight attendants said no, not really anymore. Even when the connection starts boarding at 9:50.

2) The walk is about 10 mins, give or take. If you hustle, it’s a few mins faster. If you have kids who need to pee en route, a bit slower.

3) Use the MPC app and use the YVR express (if it’s available to you). They cut YVR Express off 90 mins before international flights out of E gates so if you have a short connection, you can’t use it. MPC is good though.

4) even without the appointment, it took 5 minutes to go through security and immigration/customs. Very efficient and easy.

5) After getting through by 9:50, we had time to grab snacks while they did pre-boarding.

All in all, huge praise to the Vancouver airport team on the renovations and improvements they’ve made. This was night and day compared to the last time I did it. They seem well staffed and it felt like there were a lot more of those moving walkways to speed the whole thing up.

Glad you made it, it’s always a lot of stress ahead of time.

I don’t think the people with connections things ever really worked in my opinion. Everyone is uo in the aisles, people have to get past each other, half the people are idiots and not listening, some are just selfish. A quick orderly deplane is your best bet, but it can be nerve wracking watching a struggler ahead of you and you have a flight,
Whynotnow is offline   Reply With Quote