View Single Post
Old 12-03-2023, 08:04 PM   #54
craigwd
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctorfever View Post
I don’t follow or pretend to fully understand the backlash. I guess one of the biggest things out there seems to be trans swimmers swimming against women.

I don’t know, I have friends and relatives with different sexual orientations than mine, I don’t see it as a big deal at all. In fact, sexual orientation isn’t something that we talk to each other about, just doesn’t come up in conversations (not that I would care if it did).

But definitely too much energy is being put I to anti-LGBT+. Like who really cares what people do with their personal time? To me, they are the same person they were before they came out. With that being said, I don’t think that I know anyone who is trans. Different story there, if they want to use a different pronoun or name, just call them by there preferred pronoun and name, doesn’t seem like it has to be difficult.

Anyways, I wish that threads like this didn’t have to exist, but clearly they do.
Exactly.

For example at school:
Teacher: Is _______ here?
Student: It's _______
Teacher: Cool. *marks attendence*

Simple as that. Kids have been doing it for generations. It shouldn't be a big deal now.

What I truly don't understand is that I would say the majority of intolerant people seem to be my age (that is parents and people in their 40s+).

So they grew up in the same era I did - the 80s and 90s. An era of Degrassi, Much Music, and countless after school specials. These are all shows that promote tolerance and acceptance, usually where a bully realizes his mistake and changes his ways.

So I guess these people either a) Cheered for the bully back then or b) used to be tolerant of others and then decided that wasn't for them anymore?????
craigwd is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to craigwd For This Useful Post: