View Single Post
Old 01-01-2018, 02:11 PM   #311
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

I could go on forever about how perfect The Long Halloween is. From the perfect symmetry between Loeb’s prose and Sale’s art, the characterization of Batman and the entire supporting cast, the wonderful mystery that entices but doesn’t overshadow the individual issue stories, the way they manage to fit the story into the past (it takes place early in Batman’s career) without ruining or retconning a bunch of the established history of the character.

If you like it, Dark Victory is a sequel that is very similar with the same creative team. So if you hate it maybe avoid it.

They did another sort of sequel with Catwoman When in Rome but it was shorter and not nearly as good as the first two.

And now that I’m on the topic of Loeb and Sale, they are responsible for some of the greatest stories for several Marvel and DC characters. Superman For All Seasons, Long Halloween, SpiderMan Blue, DD Yellow, Hulk Grey are all some of the greatest stories ever told for their respective characters.

I wish they did an XMen version. Although the Wolverine/Gambit one was pretty good and I haven’t yet read Captain America White. But given that Loeb is now big in Marvel TV I feel like he probably doesn’t have a lot of time for comics anymore.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post: