View Single Post
Old 02-28-2021, 09:06 PM   #68
Aarongavey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
You’d never expect a new line to have the same pace over an extended period of time.

Anyway, last year they scored a bunch of ES goals off the bat (mainly because they played bad teams). Against the very few good teams they played (Col, Vegas, Dallas, SJ), ES goals were like 1-2 per game. And in a reverse, they were bad on the PP. 5 goals in 10 games, and actually only scoring any in 3 games.

I’m all for continuing with the present setup for the indefinite future but the team is flawed unless they address it by the POs.
Well SJ was awful last year, but against the top 9 teams (I will leave out Edmonton who was in the top 10 but nobody would want them included) the Flames scored 37 even strength goals in 21 games. This is more than they scored in the first 21 games against the powerhouse that is the Canadian division. I suspect the Flames average of 1.76 even strength goals per game against those teams is right around the average for the league against those 9 teams.

Christ, we have scored 10 even strength goals in 6 games against the Canucks for an average of 1.67 even strength goals per game and two of those goals were scored one second after a penalty had expired.

Against all other teams not named Ottawa the Canucks have given up 51 even strength goals in 15 games for an average of 3.4 even strength goals a game.

Last edited by Aarongavey; 02-28-2021 at 09:08 PM.
Aarongavey is offline   Reply With Quote