View Single Post
Old 12-11-2017, 05:06 PM   #2
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

First off, I want to wish all the tennis nuts who frequent this thread "Happy Holidays" and all the best in 2018. As for the grand slams, I think this will be a very interesting year as we have two top guys (Joker and Andy) who haven't played in quite a while. Will there be considerable rust that they have to shake off or will they be like Fed and be rejuvenated and ready to compete right off the hop? My predictions for the Grand Slams are as follows:

Aussie Open - Joker
French Open - Rafa
Wimbledon - Milos
US Open - Sasha Zverev

Yes, Milos will finally break through and win his first major in 2018 at the All-England Club. Denis will win an ATP 500 event in 2018 and Felix will continue his strong play on the ATP Challenger tour and will crack the top 100 at some point in 2018.

In Davis Cup play, Canada will defeat Croatia in February as Milos and Denis will lead a strong Canadian team.

On the women's side, Genie will continue to tease us with occasional dynamic play against top 50 players mixed in with frustrating losses to players ranked outside the top 50 on the women's tour. On the positive side, I look forward to continued strong play from Bianca Andreescu and Francoise Abanda and here's hoping Gaby Dabrowski can add another grand slam this season in either women's doubles or mixed doubles.

Last edited by dash_pinched; 12-12-2017 at 11:17 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dash_pinched For This Useful Post: