View Single Post
Old 09-12-2018, 12:12 PM   #44
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken0042 View Post
For the record, I don't mind this conversation coming up from time to time. The challenge is that we have to find the answer that is most fair to most of our members.

The biggest concern I have with posting tickets over face value is that we become a place for scalpers (or professional sellers) to set up shop. There is something to be said for the relative level of comfort we have in dealing with other CPers for things like ticket sales, and that would be lost if there were a lot of scalpers. We could bring in a minimum post count again, but that often brought people to post "lol" in every thread to get their count up.

So I am open to suggestions. Be it status quo, or a change that is overall "better" for the community.
I think above face value is a community friendly option, because it will bring more tickets to the site. I know personally, I'm not selling my premium games here for face when I lose money on lots of pre-season/non-premium games each year.

I agree professional scalpers isn't what you want either though.

How would the community feel about a separate sub-forum for above face premium games? Buyers and sellers could both save fees, and keep tickets in the hands of flames fans. Make a high bar to post in the new sub forum. I would say ideally it should be based on post count and join date to avoid the one word post in every thread crew. Maybe 1/2/5/10k posts and 5 years? Make it a high enough bar that it isn't worth it for professional scalpers, and all you'll get is CPers with extra tickets.
bizaro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bizaro86 For This Useful Post: