View Single Post
Old 07-11-2018, 11:47 AM   #50
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
In all seriousness, have the Flames ever played up to their offseason expectations if they were expected to be good? The last time I remember the Flames having such a large turnover in players and coaching staff was when Brent Sutter and Bouwmeester came to town. I remember seeing a lot of the same stuff being written about that team as I'm seeing now, and I'm getting a sense of deja vu. I really hope Calgary can exceed their expectations for once instead of disappointing as they usually do
I think these are 2 very different situations. The Flames in 2008/2009 were on the cusp of being an elite team. Cammalleri and Igonla both with 80+pts and the team had a 13pt lead on the division before injuries and the salary cap had them playing with 15 skaters. When they made the Sutter and Bouwmeester moves they were loved by most but the team did lose a ton of offense letting Cammy walk and replacing him with nothing.

The team getting hype this year is coming off a bad season where they addressed their needs in adding scorbig but didn’t cripple the defense to do it.
Vinny01 is offline   Reply With Quote