Thread: #Retire14
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2018, 10:56 AM   #26
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
Apart from his comments regarding Conroy and the Flames after his unsuccessful try-out, what has he said that has been so upsetting? Legit question. Following his Twitter he seems to be nothing but a fan and booster for the team, especially #19.

That comment was needless, no doubt. However, this theme of Fleury continuously slamming the Flames seems largely to be myth.
I too would like to see these ''slams'' that seem to be such a black mark on his character. As far as I know, Theo hasn't said anything publicly that has earned him such a reputation. Things far worse are said on CP on a daily basis, given the success of the team since 1989. Plenty of people here are saying he's said/done these things, so let's see some proof.

It wouldn't surprise me if it was more of a personnel issue with some higher ups that isn't being released publicly and is behind closed doors. Still, that shouldn't take away from what he did on the ice. You won't find a Flames' fan anywhere who followed the team during the 90s who didn't love how he played.

I also heard the radio show this morning that talked about him. Apparently there are now 3 tiers to honour former Flames? An honouring ceremony, Forever a Flame, then number retirement? Common.

The guy was the face of the Flames and franchise player before Iggy came along and was the holder of many Flames' record before Iggy broke them. I think he's due to have his number retired, and not some stupid honouring or FaF ceremony.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Huntingwhale For This Useful Post: