View Single Post
Old 03-07-2016, 01:14 PM   #44
Nyah
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyC View Post
Packed lunches? - What can I bring to work outside of veggies and dip that can keep me going throughout the day? Trying to avoid breads and carbs too.

Dinners? - I like curries, so doing a veggie curry/pasta sauce will likely become a staple. What can I add to it that will give it a protein boost? Kind of want to avoid tofu too, for taste reasons.

Any help would be great. Thanks!
I like to make jarred salads for lunches throughout the week. I use big mason jars because I can put everything in them on Sunday, and they're still fresh at the end of the week, you just have to lair it properly. I find with tupperware everything wilts. I pack salads with tons of greens, and either feta cheese or some kind of protein because if I just eat vegetables at lunch I'm out of energy around 2:00 in the afternoon.

Curries are awesome and a really good few substitutes for meat I like to use in them are potato, lentils and cauliflower. I'm not fully vegetarian, but I do substitute meat quite often. Another interesting thing to try that I just discovered in the last year is Yves Veggie Ground Round. I was hugely skeptical about trying it, but it was actually really good and was a terrific substitute for ground beef. They sell it in the produce section. Give it a try if you're feeling brave. I still haven't been able to develop a taste for tofu yet, but I'm working on it.

Good luck!
Nyah is offline   Reply With Quote