View Single Post
Old 06-21-2019, 02:05 PM   #20
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach View Post
How often do you deal with someone new to the community, and how often to they decide its not for them? Has anyone (or yourself) ever gotten seriously hurt?
Often, I'm 45 and have a reputation as a Daddy Dom, which is basically someone who makes the girl feel like she is safe, protected, loved, mentorship basically.

A great story I tell is at one public BDSM event where there is tying up, whipping, etc, no sex ever though, there was a young woman who showed up with this foreign guy, clearly quite liquored up. Immediately the elder community noticed them, a few of the women went over talked to her, while a few of the guys talked to the guy.

It became clear this was not ok, partly because drinking at public events is not ok unless its a beer or two since you have to have your mental faculties if you are going to use whips, flogs, paddles, clamps, etc...

What they did is threw him out, and took care of the girl, made her feel safe, welcome, loved and a couple later took her home to make sure she was ok.

I'd say if a person joins a local fetlife community, attends events like classes, rope jams, etc, they are very likely to stay. Sadly if their experience as new people is just online, I'm certain many are pushed away.