View Single Post
Old 08-07-2022, 08:45 PM   #844
Dynamic
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by powderjunkie View Post
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...tion-1.6544266

What an utterly stupid and unnecessary demand.
The funniest part of this entire thing is that AU is an online university, it existed before remote learning was even known to most. Honestly it is pretty simple to me. For the UPC they see this as a win-win. There must be some pretty big UPC donors who happen to sell real estate in the region so if they strong arm AU and get more people moved to the region then all is good. Or the entire plan fails because staff don't want to move to some rural conservative town and AU pretty much implodes which goes right with their attack on education at all levels.

Imagine being some highly educated prof who happens to work for AU because it allows him/her to live where they want and still teach. Now some quacks are telling you that you need to move to Athabasca. I know it would take a hell of a lot more than paying my moving expenses. And nothing against Athabasca, I've been there lots and if your an outdoorsy type it may even appeal to you. But you are not going to get much highly educated folk lining up to move there.
Dynamic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dynamic For This Useful Post: