View Single Post
Old 07-12-2018, 08:14 AM   #111
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Draft Watcher View Post
I guess that makes sense given Bingo's wording. I wish Bingo hadn't worded it the way he did, kind of encourages people to vote on completely different questions. If we could agree on the criteria that would be useful IMO.

The criteria or question IMO should be, "Who will be the best NHLer out of our remaining prospect pool?" Klimchuk will most likely not be the best NHLer out of our current prospect pool. He has a chance but its pretty dang small IMO. I'd say a betting man would have bet on Valimaki to be the best NHLer out of our current bunch. Then at #2 it starts to get pretty tricky.

Maybe next year we can vote on a question to get everyone answering the same question instead of 95% answering one question while a few others answer another.
"Who will be the best NHLer out of the prospects listed?" would be my suggestion. I think it captures the spirit of the poll and how most prospect lists are approached.
OR
"Who is the most valuable prospect out of the prospects listed?" is another way of thinking about it but I don't think its as clear and direct as the first suggestion

IMO who is the most NHL ready is a completely different question than what most of us are talking about. My list for most NHL ready or chance for a big role this year is completely different than how I am voting in this exercise.

We should all be answering the same question at least.
Remember I went years making it very clear how to do it only to spend hours defending that structure and having some refuse to vote.

Sometimes you just have to let things be.
Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote