Thread: Home Brew Kits
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012, 02:44 PM   #19
Tron_fdc
In Your MCP

Exp:

I have a bunch of pop top bottles if anyone wants them (Grolsch). I also have the carboys and siphon hose somewhere (I think), and a book that tells you how to do it. It's not hard, but it takes about a month per batch, and I live beside a liquor store.

Made homebrew for a while, and actually got pretty good at it. You can buy pre-made wort (that way you don't have to worry about burning your house down) and go from there. All in I think I was making about 48 beers for about 40 bucks. Like I said though, it's time intensive. My old man went as far as brewing his own, carbonating with CO2, kegging, and chilled in a kegerator (this cuts about 3 weeks off the process). He even had a tap on the front, plumbed into a CO2 line so no hand pumping. Fast forward 2 months, and I think him and his pals packed on about 40 pounds from standing around all day drinking.

I'd be happy to give all my stuff to someone that wanted to have a go at it. Right now it's all collecting dust in my garage. Don't bother with the kits you find at superstore, they're junk.

Last edited by Tron_fdc; 03-28-2012 at 02:47 PM.
Tron_fdc is offline   Reply With Quote