View Single Post
Old 05-25-2017, 08:40 PM   #6
JTech780
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Kylington's skating is far and away the best of the three, that alone puts him on my list. His defense is getting better but he is still a work in progress. The biggest thing he has to cut of his game is his tendency to try to do too much, but at 20 years old with 2 years in the AHL already I think he will come around.

Andersson is the closest to making the jump. He is a good all around defenseman, I would say his skating is good. He is good on his edges and has good agility, but I would say he is average to below average speed wise.

Fox has great vision and good hockey sense, but that's about it. He's small not a great skater and he seems disinterested in the defensive zone. He has a long ways to go to being an NHL player. The vision and the point totals are awesome but I am not sure they will translate at the highest level.

I still think Hickey belongs in this conversation, he might not ever put up the point totals of the other 3, but his skating is elite, and his hockey sense and his defensive ability are very good. I would put him as a safer bet to be a top 4 defenseman at the NHL level than Fox.
JTech780 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JTech780 For This Useful Post: